Wednesday, December 17, 2014

weekend recap

The Christmas crazies are in full-swing over here.  I blamed it on the full-moon earlier last week but since things have not let up the diagnosis is official.  As much as I try to simplify, life is just BUSY during this magical time of year.

So, instead of addressing Christmas cards or picking up the legos behind me, I am going to take a little break from it all and... recap my weekend.  Feel free to click back to your last-minute Amazon shopping.

Last Saturday I ran my first race since the half-marathon.  

It turns out that my new running routine of listening to podcasts while I jog has really really slowed me down.  I had a ridiculously hard time keeping up with my hubby/former running partner!  My IT band tightened up and my right knee started bothering me about 5 miles in and then my speedy date... ditched me ;-).  Actually I begged him to.  And I kept on running to the finish line!  I haven't done too much running (or walking really) since Saturday, but am overall feeling much better.

On Sunday it was our turn to host our annual Advent party with dear friends.  Once again, the Stage Moms in us coerced the kids into entertaining us with a nativity play.  They loved it.


 Nicholas made his first appearance on stage as a sheep dog.  


 


 Gabriel dressed up as a shepherd this year.  You can probably spot him in the photo below, hidden behind "Elmo"... I really wish I could explain to you why Elmo was present at the birth of Christ...

Onward.


 My sweet, adorable little Godson Michael definitely stole our hearts for this year's production as the SuperStar of Bethlehem.  I would follow that cute little light anywhere.  


Dominic was thrilled to be one of the three Kings this year. 



Adoring the baby Jesus.  
We used our coach ottoman as a manger.  I am pretty sure the kids hide snacks in there all the time anyways.  Close enough eh?


 Chaotic?  Definitely.  

Adorable?  You could try to lie to me and tell me they aren't.  But you can't, because they are so, darn, CUTE.



 Rejoice!

No comments: