Dear Nicholas,
I think that in the back of my mind I have been concerned about reflecting on your birthday for many months. I knew that it would be a significant milestone, but I also worried that processing the event will bring back some tough emotions. I reckon that I still have not entirely healed from my heartbreak of our early days apart. Despite this, in His infinite mercies God has poured his graces upon our family, and it is difficult to clearly remember the sorrowful days when we were separated without experiencing the intense JOY you have also brought to us this year. You complete our family in a way we could never have imagined.
You have changed my life for the better this past year. You have stretched me in manners I never imagined, in the beginning when you cried for hours and days on end, and today when you wake up at 2am and are smiling and ready to play. You have transformed my ability to love. There are daily moments, when I look over at you, nurse you in my arms, or kiss you, and I just still cannot believe that you are here. You are healthy, you are alive, you are beautiful. You are my little miracle.
Nicholas, I also can't express how much you have captured my heart and the hearts of those in our home. Your brothers, Dad and I do the silliest dances and sing the wackiest songs just to merit a glimpse of your sweet and radiant smile. Your giggles bring a remarkable brightness to our already sunny home. Your humor, mischievousness and innocent curiosity are a delight to everyone you meet. You are always up for anything that your big brothers are into. You watch them intensely through the day and nothing charms you more than having their full attention (which you have, more often than not!). With you and your brothers, my days are very full, but my heart is even fuller.
Happy First Birthday Nicholas, Nicho, Nicho-poose, Poose, Buddy, Baby Boy.
I love you with all of my heart and I will be praying for you for all of my days.





No comments:
Post a Comment