We are 8-weeks into our homeschool adventure, and I cannot even begin to tell you what a JOY it is to spend the days learning alongside my little ones.
I hope to write more on the topic, but for now I am going to share (OK, dump) special photos of moments that I have snapped along the way.
 |
| Yep, when you homeschool the beach counts as learning. |
 |
| Holding up a Social Studies project about where we live. |
 |
| Our First day of School Book Basket |
 |
| Legos and Read Alouds (or Audiobooks) have become a daily occurrence around here. |
 |
| Distracting baby brothers. #homeschoolproblem |
 |
Dominic's first 100% on a practice math worksheet!
 |
Gabriel copied a Renoir painting. I thought it turned out amazing.
 |
| Dominic's copy of his favorite painting "General Washington on a Charger". |
|
|
I am trying to find the balance of staying home to learn and participating in the many (many) extra enrichment activities that are offered for homeschoolers. It is no wonder that many homeschoolers say they spent less time at home than anywhere!
We have been trying out an awesome group called Catholic Schoolhouse for the past month. Despite the challenge to entertain the little ones off-site for an entire morning, Dominic and Gabriel have loved the Art and Science classes. Here are a few highlights!
 |
| Sand paintings, from our Native American Art study. |
 |
| Making clay pots from our Native American Art study at Catholic Schoolhouse. |
 |
| Scientific learning about reptiles, amphibians and camouflage. |
 |
| Here is Dominic making his first Oral Presentation for his class, about his favorite book (James and the Giant Peach). |
 |
| Gabriel surprised us all by wanting to participate in the presentations. He spoke about his favorite book: Bear Snores On. |
 |
| The following week, Dominic got to paint his clay pot. |
Painting a landscape painting, using Fall colors.
For Science last week my little guys LOVED dissecting owl pellets.
No comments:
Post a Comment