Today is Nicholas's official due date. It truly is a happy day too!
For one thing, my house arrest to protect our preemie from sickness is (mostly) lifted. We still have to wash our hands like surgeons and be mindful of what we could be exposing him to, but now I do not have to feel so guilty about taking the boys to the park or running to the grocery store.
I am also excited that we can start looking forward to typical developmental milestones. For preemies, milestones are counted from their gestational due date, not their birthday. That means that instead of sitting up at 6-months, we will anticipate that Nicholas will sit up at 7 or 8 months ect. The newborn stage is special and sweet, but let's face it-- it is also tiring for Mama! I do not expect Nicholas to start sleeping long stretches or anything drastic, but I am definitely looking forward to him having a little more head control so that I can nurse him more sleepily. I also cannot wait to see him smile-- we have had a lot of "newborn" these past weeks and I am ready for a little encouragement! There is truly nothing more rewarding that changing a diaper in the middle of the night to a sweet smiling face.
My first go-around to being home all-day with three babies has also been going pretty well. Of course, I also survived the ultimate bootcamp on the first two-days when Michael went back to work and in addition to be completely outnumbered by babies, everybody in our house started throwing-up. I am just thankful that Nicholas did not catch the stomach bug.
Since the awful virus however, I have been surviving in parenting solo (with the help of a lot of coffee!) We have been blessed with some meals from friends, and this week my mom even sent over the gift of a housekeeper for the day (equivalent to a shopping spree at Tiffany's in my book!). To top off my blessings, my husband has been home before 6pm every single night, if not earlier. He comes through the door and no matter how frazzled I look or how much my outfit looks like pajamas, he smiles, kisses me and gets to work playing with the boys or holding the baby. I definitely hit the jackpot with my Prince Charming...
Happy Due-Date Nicholas and Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment