Being a mother to little boys is pretty awesome. Not only do these small heroes shower me with love and kisses throughout the day, they also entertain me with their games and adorableness and protect me from nearby villains who live in our downstairs storage closet (or sometimes in the garage).
Who wouldn't feel safe when this little caped-crusader is running around?
I keep chatting with my mommy friends about how much I LOVE four-year-olds. I am sure I have said something similar at other ages and stages but I mean it this time. Four-and-a-half is my new favorite age!
Dominic's eyes sparkle with wonder at everything we encounter and his constant positive energy is impossible to ignore.
He plays incredible pretend-games and has a creative, funny and smart sense of humor.
He asks many interesting questions and learns eagerly without realizing it.
He joyfully and humbly loves to show us his accomplishments.
He is protective of his little brother and will do ANYTHING to make Gabriel laugh and smile.
In some ways, I cannot remember the last time I disciplined the four-year-old hero who guards our home.
He is cooperative and always wants to please myself and his dad.
Without a doubt, he is a little superhero in my eyes.
I am starting to slow down a little these days, thanks to the fact that I am 30-weeks along in my pregnancy with a sprained ankle.
I think I am feeling especially sensitive about how fast my boys are growing.
I want to soak it all in, and in the busyness of our daily life this can be so challenging!
I pray that I can look on the bright side of my big, clumsy and pregnant body and take the time to sit, talk, play and laugh with my superheroes.
I love my sweet four-year-old.
I love this season of motherhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment