Monday, December 5, 2011

thanksgiving, advent and other updates

It seems that having 2 babies has made my beloved blog turn into a photo blog these days.  Although we are somewhat settling into a sort of "ordinariness" in our lives, I still haven't figured out a way to fit "sitting at the computer" into my busy schedule! 

So here is a little Ricci update of what is going on.  Perhaps once I get caught up, I will be able to spend more time pondering other important thoughts...

1.  We are moving!  Or trying to, anyways.  Our beloved home is officially on the market.  We've been here for 3 years now, and although we absolutely love our condo, we've decided that we need more room to PLAY!  We are looking forward to finding a new place on a street where our boys can go out and ride bikes, explore, and do everything else that little boys need to do daily.  We have an offer on an adorable little house in South County, but are still waiting to here back from the bank about whether or not it is accepted... Will keep you posted!

2.  Thanksgiving:  We started our holiday with something I've never done before:  the Turkey Trot!  Before I was pregnant with Gabriel, we invested in a jogging stroller and I started training for a 5K.  This was a strange feeling for me, because we all know that dancers do not run.  In fact, in going for jogs, I often feel like I am breaking some important dancer code, or cheating on my first love... I've discovered however, that Mommies do run, so this must balance thing out a bit.  Anyways, due to my pregnancy I had to stop running, and so I set a goal to get back to it as soon as it was possible again.  So-- 3 months after giving birth, I ran my first 5K, with the support of my wonderful husband and our 2-year-old cheerleader!  We accomplished our goal, and ran the entire race (in 31 minutes).  We are already talking about trying a 10K...



Following our race we went to mass to thank God for all of the infinite blessings in our lives.  We attempted naps, and then headed to the Ricci's for their annual dinner.  Dominic always has a blast with his cousins, and Judy makes an incredible turkey spread.


I love these shots of Gabriel (3 mo. old) with Michael's grandmother, 95 years old.  So much LIFE to be thankful for!



We were feeling especially grateful for this new little person who has come into our lives this year.  After the Ricci's, we heading to the Gagnon's for another wonderful feast!  We really are so grateful to be able to spend time with both our families on holiday occasions!



3.  Advent!  Although we haven't had time to do much Christmas decorating yet between all of our condo showings, we were excited to light the first candle on our wreath, and pull out some of Dominic's Christmas toys.  He is a little learning sponge these days, and teaching him about this most special time of year is too much fun.  One tradition that we've started is an "advent basket", filled with books about the Nativity, St. Nicholas, and other fun Christmas stories.  We pick one book each night to read. Hopefully in a couple of years I will have enough books to fill each day of the Advent and Christmas seasons!





We also got together for our annual Advent party with the old Core-team  last weekend, and continued the "Christmas jammie" tradition.  Of course, I was being teased that if we keep multiplying at this rate, I am going to have to take a loan out next year to afford all the pajamas!  Needless to say, the kids have a blast together, and it is so neat to see them growing up already!




4.   Dominic found a few special treats in his shoes on St. Nicholas's feast day.  I think more than anything, he was excited to be allowed to eat chocolates with his breakfast...



(I think) this brings us to today!  I promise to do my best to keep up during this magical time of year.  I am even toying with the idea of posting every day for an entire month...  I love writing, and I love that our little blog documents our little ones who are changing so quickly!  Until next time, happy Advent blessings!

No comments: